Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome back to the 2014-2015 school year! I trust you had a restful and rejuvenating summer and are eager to return to school.
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome all of you, especially our sixth graders and new students to Wilkerson Middle School. We are excited for the upcoming 2014-2015 school year. The promise of continuing to raise the standards of our learning community is exhilarating. The possibilities of success for all of our students are endless and it is our goal as educators to make certain all our students are college and career ready.
Our first day of school for students is Thursday, August 14, 2014. Please ensure that your student is on campus by 7:25 a.m. if your child plans to eat breakfast. If your child is not eating breakfast at school, please have them at school by 7:50 a.m. Please know that there will be traffic congestion on the first day of school, therefore, plan accordingly.
We start this year with great anticipation and excitement. Our Wildcats will shine in the classroom, on the field and in the Arts. As our staff and faculty are busily getting ready for the school year we hope our students will return eager to excel.
I would like to share my personal goals as the instructional leader of Wilkerson Middle School. My goals are as follows:
· Serve as an Instructional Leader and use data to raise the level of academic achievement for all students
· Create a culture and climate where teaching and learning are the number one priorities and order and discipline are maintained
· Effectively manage school to share a common vision of excellence through all stakeholders
· Encourage professional growth for all faculty members through professional development
· Provide on-going and honest communication to build productive relationships with staff and parents
· Achieve goals through mutual accountability for all
Let me add, I am thankful for the faculty and staff who pour so much into our students. I am also honored to be part of a community that supports the collective work of the learning community. Together we will have a successful school year. I look forward to seeing all of you on Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. for the Back to School Orientation and then it is with even more excitement that the faculty and staff look forward to the first day of school and the opportunities that are ahead for every student that walks through the doors of Wilkerson Middle School.
Trarsha L. Maddox, Interim Principal