Ernest F. Bush K-8 Library Mission Statement
The mission of the Bush K-8 School Library Media Center is to assist our students and staff in becoming active and effective users of information and ideas, to nurture a love for learning, pleasure reading, and to provide the resources needed to support the schools’ academic goals and standards.
The Bush K-8 Library Media Center create a place that is conducive to reading, research, and studying; they provide a comprehensive collection of educational materials, in various formats, that support the schools’ curriculum; and provide for the learning needs of the school community. Library materials are defined as all electronic, print, and non-print resources. When considering electronic sources, the media center use criteria resembling those for print materials.
Ernest F. Bush K-8 2016-2017 Library Media Center Program Goals
· To maintain a well-balanced collection of media appropriate to the needs of the school.
· To provide assistance in locating and using instructional materials.
· To promote instruction in information literacy.
· To provide instructional materials that will stimulate growth in knowledge and literary appreciation.
· Collaborate and plan with staff to integrate information literacy skills into pre-existing units.