1:00 PM Christmas Program - 3rd thru 5th
Join us this Friday, November 16th at 1:00pm in the gymnasium to see the Barrett faculty dream team vs Barrett basketball team. Our dream team is Coach Archibald, Mr. Gbargaye, Mr. Patton, and Mr. Harris. The entrance fee is $2.00.
Operation School Bell was a Success! Students came back to school from their outing with smiles on their faces and goodies in their hands. Thank you to the Assitance League of Birmingham for helping our students dress for success. Click on the picture to see more.
Congratulations to Mrs. Padgett in Kindergarten!! She is our 2nd teacher to get 100% parent participation on her classroom DOJO. Great job!!! Barrett teachers use Class Dojo to keep parents informed of important events, news, student behavior, celebrations, homework, and homework tutorials. Teachers are able to message parents directly and parents have a direct connection to their child's classroom. If you need more information or help getting connected please talk to your child's teacher or Mrs. Della Sheehan at 205-231-9791. Thank you for all you do to help us make Barrett great!!!
The Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program will begin at Barrett on September 18th, 2018. All students at Barrett will begin receiving a fresh fruit and vegetable twice a week. The focus fruit of the month will be apples and the vegetable will be rainbow carrots. Click here to find out more about this nutritcious and yummy program.
Barrett Parents ...
DID YOU KNOW?
• Starting in kindergarten, too many absences can cause children to fall behind in school.
• Missing 10 percent (or about 18 days) can make it harder to learn to read.
• Students can still fall behind if they miss just a day or two days every few weeks.
• Being late to school may lead to poor attendance.
• Absences can affect the whole classroom if the teacher has to slow down learning to help children catch up.