Sun Valley Is All About STEM!
STEM is the "Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math" learning inititive created under President Barack Obama's administration to equip the next generation of learners with 21st century skills. Sun Valley Elementary School has fully embraced the STEM iniative and is integrating these subjects into every part of the school day to make learning more relevant and exciting.
STEM is Everywhere at Sun Valley!
- Acellus Notebooks have been assigned to every first- and second-grade classroom to help students meet and exceed academic standards in math and reading.
- Acellus Robot Stations now enhance learning in every third-, fourth-, and fifth-grade classroom. Each classroom has three robots!
- New iPads can be checked out by individual classrooms to augment instruction, tap into student creativity, or teach Apple Swift coding.
- Girls Who Code is a new new after-school program designed to teach girls computer coding.
- Sun Valley's Robotics Team will use Apple Swift coding (learned on iPads) to program LEGO Mindstorms robots in state competitions.
- STEM Lab: Coming soon!