International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program
What is the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme?
An academically challenging and balanced course of study, that prepares students for success in college and life beyond. The mission of the program is to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people who help to create a better, more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
The IB Diploma Programme is a comprehensive and challenging pre-university course that demands the best from both motivated students and teachers. This sophisticated two-year curriculum covers a wide range of academic subjects and has stood the test of time for over half a million students in 138 countries since 1968. IB Diploma Programme graduates are welcomed by the world's leading universities
What are the benefits of the IB Diploma Programme?
- Higher university and college acceptance rates for IB graduates than for total population applicants
- Increased scholarship and grant opportunities
- A college level academic program that transitions students to university and college standards
- Interdisciplinary instruction to encourage international-mindedness
- Fostering of lifelong learning
- Teacher development using IB strategies
Universities recognize the outstanding qualities of IB Diploma Programme students. Typically, diploma holders are ready to debate real-world issues from an international perspective and to provide leadership and support in the local and global community. They demonstrate a capacity for in-depth study while maintaining a broad perspective of the different subject areas. They are able to ask challenging questions but also know how to research a topic and express their opinion.