The Foot Locker Scholar Athletes program honors student-athletes who demonstrate exceptional academic ability and strong leadership skills in sports, in their schools, and within their communities.
Whether you're the lead scorer or the most spirited team player, we want to hear how you have taken the skills you've cultivated in the locker room and used to them create a powerful, positive impact on the lives of others around you.
In order to be eligible for the Foot Locker Scholar Athletes program, the applicant must:
- Be a current high school senior entering a four-year, accredited US college or university in the Fall of 2018
- Be currently a member (in good standing) of a high school sports team or be involved in after-school sports (e.g. intramurals, martial arts, etc.)
- Have maintained an unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher from ninth grade to first semester of 12th grade
- Be a U.S. citizen or US Permanent Legal Resident
- Foot Locker employees and their immediate family members are ineligible
Twenty Foot Locker Scholar Athletes will each receive $20,000 in college scholarship money for their excellence in school, on their sports teams, and in their communities.
The scholarship will be awarded in four equal annual payments of $5,000 throughout the winner's four-year college career.
In addition to the $20,000 Foot Locker Scholar Athletes scholarship, one of our 20 winners will also be selected for the Ken C. Hicks scholarship for demonstrating superior educational achievement, outstanding leadership, and a true love of the game. This winner will receive an additional $5000 award (for a total of $25,000). This student will receive their scholarship in four yearly installments, each of $6,250.
Deadline: December 15