Supplemental Benefits Claims Procedures
BIRMINGHAM CITY SCHOOLS
SUPPLEMENTAL BENEFITS CLAIM PROCEDURES
- Contact the Birmingham City Schools Human Resources Department to report your
- Family Medical Leave of Absence FMLA) information
- Contact your Insurance provider to obtain a claim form
- Complete the Employee’s section
- Have your physician to complete the Physician’s section
You must submit the Employee and Physician sections to the Birmingham City Schools Insurance Department after your FMLA information have been approved by the Birmingham Board of Education.
Once your Family Medical Leave Absence has been approved, the BCS Insurance Department will complete its section. Your supplemental benefit claim will be processed and submitted to your provider within 7-10 days.
Due to HIPAA please Do Not Fax/Email your claim information to the BCS Insurance Department.
All claim information should be mailed or hand delivered to the BCS Insurance Department.