November 26-30, 2018 (Week 16)
1) Math- Go Math Lessons 5.1-5.5
Chapter Essential Questions- How can you use multiplication facts, place value, and properties to solve multiplication problems?
Standards - Operations and Algebraic Thinking:
- 3.OA.4 - Represent and solve problems involving multiplication and division.
- 3.OA.9 - Solve problems involving the four operations, and identify and explain patterns in arithmetic.
Numbers and Operations in Base Ten:
- 3.NBT.3 – Use place value understanding and properties of operations to perform multi-digit arithmetic.
2) Reading- Journeys Reading Lesson 13
Lesson Essential Questions- Why are stories from different cultures important?
Story: Yonder Mountain A Cherokee Legend
- RL 3.1- Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
- RL 3.2- Recount stories, including fables, folktales, and myths from diverse cultures; determine the central message, lesson, or moral and explain how it is conveyed through key details in the text.
- RL 3.3- Describe characters in a story (e.g., their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events.
- RL 3.7- Explain how specific aspects of a text's illustrations contribute to what is conveyed by the words in a story (e.g., create mood, emphasize aspects of a character or setting).
English Language Arts -
- L 3.1e - Form and use the simple (e.g., I walked; I walk; I will walk) verb tenses.
- L 3.1f - Ensure subject-verb and pronoun-antecedent agreement.*