I do not live inside the Birmingham City School (BCS) District, can my child attend a BCS School?

  • During the online registration process, Birmingham City Schools (BCS) offers parents/guardians that  DO NOT live within the Birmingham City School District an option to request enrollment in a BCS School (Out of District Transfer). Parents who live outside of the Birmingham City School zone will be assessed a tuition fee of $1,000 per child.  

    It is imperative that you adhere to the following guidelines:

    -  Complete Transfer Requests between the required timeline.

    -  You must complete the form located in the online registration system for each student requesting a transfer.

    -  Provide a complete and valid email address (notifications will be sent via email).

    -  Register online for your zoned school and you will be notified if your transfer is approved.

    -  You must be the primary guardian to complete the transfer request. The student must live with you. 


    We cannot process transfers until we know the number of available seats at each site.



    - Students with documented discipline or attendance issues (including tardies and/or early checkouts) will be required to attend their zoned school. 

    - Parents must reapply each year for each student.

    - You must apply before August 1, 2020 and you will receive a response before August 14, 2020.

    - If approved, you will receive an email that contains your Transfer/Authorization code.  Please keep this for your records.

    - If you are denied, you must attend your zoned school. 


    We appreciate your support and hope you have a great school year!