To provide district, school, and community support which promotes the overall improvement in the educational achievement of students.
To be recognized as one of the most effective Federal Programs Departments in the state committed to serving Birmingham City Schools staff, students, parents, and the community.
- To be knowledgeable of state and federal compliance guidelines
- To effectively assist the district and schools with interpreting and implementing state and federal guidelines
- To work collaboratively with our stakeholders to ensure cohesiveness between the district, school, and community
- To effectively monitor and support schools to ensure compliance
- To provide guidance in developing and monitoring the School Improvement Process
- To provide guidance in fiscal management as it related to Federal funds
- To create a culture of compliance within Birmingham City Schools
M • Motivated O • Operating in Excellence V • Visionary I • Intentional N • Necessary G • Growing