Ramsay High School is located between 12th and 13th Avenues and 17th and 19th Streets, South. The school is near Five Points South on the crest of one of the foothills of Red Mountain in the South Highlands of Birmingham. Ramsay overlooks the city to the north, and one can view the mountain of iron to the south. The site of our school was formerly the homestead of several pioneer families of Birmingham.The school was named after Erskine Ramsay, who was the president of the Birmingham Board of Education at the time. Ramsay was also a capitalist, industrialist, engineer and philanthropist. The school was dedicated on September 19, 1930.Ramsay provides an advanced curriculm and a dedicated staff that both challenges and enriches our students. The school currently has an enrollment of over 725 students. At Ramsay, the administrators, faculty, and staff endeavor to provide an atmosphere that enhances academic performance and encourages student leadership opportunities and responsibilities.The school colors are Royal Blue and White. The mascot is the Ram.
ON THE CITY’S SOUTHERN BORDER
STANDS THE SCHOOL WE LOVE;
HEARTS AGLOW AND VOICES RAISING
SEND HER PRAISE ABOVE
HAIL TO THEE, OUR ALMA MATER,
FAITHFUL WE WILL BE;
LONG WE’LL LOVE THEE, RAMSAY HIGH SCHOOL
AND BE TRUE TO THEE.