Students, I would like to welcome you back to another school year, and I hope that each of you had an enjoyable summer. It was great to be back in a traditional setting during the 2021-2022 school year, and overall, it was a good year.
As we move into the 2022-2023 school year, we will continue to work hard and show growth. We will focus on Academic Achievement in all areas and in every grade.
W.J. Christian K-8 School had significant accomplishments last year, such as:
- We increased in growth and proficiency on our state assessment ACAP.
- Our 6th Grade Math Team placed 1st in the district’s Perennial Math Tournament.
- Our 7th Grade Math Team placed 1st in the district’s Perennial math Tournament.
- We had students to win 1st place in the individual awards category in 6th, 7th and 8th grades in the district’s Perennial Math Tournament.
- We had individual students to place individually in the district, state and national Math Tournaments.
- We had students to win 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in the district’s STEM Fair.
- Our Choir received 2-excellent and 1-superior rating during their All-City Evaluation.
- Our Band received an excellent rating on the stage and superior in sight reading during their All-City Evaluation.
- Our Volleyball Team won the district’s Middle School Championship, completing an undefeated season.
- Our 6th Grade Newcomb Team, 6TH Grade Girls Basketball Team and 6th Grade Softball Team won their respective Let’s Move Championships.
- Our Middle School Cheerleaders won the district’s Middle School Cheer Competition.
- Our Elementary School Cheerleaders placed 2nd in the district’s Elementary Cheer Competition.
- We had two students to win 1st place in their respective categories during the cheer competitions.
- Our Middle School Girls Basketball Team was the Eastern Division Champions.
- Our Middle School Girls Softball team was the Eastern Division Champions.
- Students were celebrated during the school year for making the honor roll.
Those were just a few of our important highlights of the 2021-2022 school year. The faculty and staff at W.J. Christian K-8 School are eager to work with you and we are committed to providing you with the quality education that you deserve. Know that we have one mission, one vision, one goal, Champions. And with that being said, we want to work like “Champions” every day.
To our parents and guardians, it is vital that we continue to have the support of everyone because we have high expectations for all students at W.J. Christian. Our number one priority is Academic Excellence (teaching and learning). Progress can be made when there is a good rapport between the home and school.
Mario J. Lumzy, Ed.S