Instructor: Coach Snedecor Harris home: 205-231-9400
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website:
Conference School: Ossie Ware Mitchell
Hours: 1:55-2:55 pm Website: http://bcs.schoolwires.net/Domain/22
The Physical Education program at Ossie Ware Mitchell Middle School is designed to meet the physical, mental and social needs of the whole child. In Health, we study units on Nutrition, Body System, Substance Abuse, Mental Health, Communicable and Non-communicable Diseases, Safety and First Aid. Physical Education units include activities such as Football, Recreation games, Volleyball, Baseball, Soccer, Bowling and etc.
Comfortable shorts and t-shirts, tennis shoes with non-marking soles and are required.
1. To improve physical fitness
2. Increase knowledge of physical and health education
3. Improve long term lifetime skills
4. Develop awareness of health practices
5. To increase the awareness of sports history
Computer (home/school) or community library
Cell phone (at teacher request)
Your grades will be based on four areas of consideration during each nine-week grading period. Each student will have his total score earned based on a maximum of 20 points per day during the grading period. A total of 100 points may be earned a week
· Collages on exploring the world of sports (100 points)
· Seasonal sports competition between genders and mixed (100 points)
· Research papers on the history of sports (100 points)
· Skill Grade: 15% Skill test, objective score, tournament standings and skill evaluation by
· Participation Grade: 35% Active participation in each activity, enthusiasm and effort.
· Sportsmanship Grade: 10% Sportsmanship, cooperation, conduct in the locker room, on time for class, getting along and helping others.
· Written Grade: 15% Tests quizzes on rules, etc.
· Dressing out Grade: 25% Each student must dress in appropriate attire which is the school physical education uniform
9 Weeks Intervals Topics: (pacing guides) Required Reading/ Activities
Volleyball History of Volleyball Read/Write/Skills Volleyball
Football History of Football Read/Write/ Skills Football
Bowling History of Bowling Read/Write/Skills Bowling
Basketball History of Basketball Read/Write/Skills Basketball
Soccer History of Soccer Read/Write/Skills Soccer
Softball/Baseball History of Softball/Baseball Read/Write/Skills
Kickball History of Kickball Read/Write/Skills Kickball