Name: Cecilia Phillips, CounselorG.W. Carver High School3900 24th Street NorthBirmingham, AL 35207Contact: (205)558-6449Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgRemote Office Hours11am -1pm Mon-Thur
If I can't fix it, change it, or do anything about it, I just pray!
Upcoming Dates:June ACT Test
- Registration Deadline: May 8
- Late Registration Deadline: May 22
- Scores First Available: June 23
GOOGLE CLASSROOM ASSIGNMENTS:
- All work assignments submitted to teachers for grading are due as completed.
- Teachers may have deadlines so read carefully.
- Continue to submit your work in order to improve your grades.
- Grade Results and School PLP are both still active. Please complete all subjects by May 22
Juniors: During the month of May here is an exercise that you may want to really take some time to do!
College Research Info:
- Pick 5 colleges you may want to attend after completing high school.
- Start a folder with the entry requirements such as: GPA, ACT or SAT, and other required courses to gain enerollment. Keep this folder handy!
- Think about what you would like to be when you grow up. Do these colleges offer what you need to get you there?
- Look at the college website to be sure your major course of study is there. If available, look at the syllabus or major program requirements.
- Jot down the tuition, room and board (if you are interested in living on campus) other fees to determine your overall cost for attending to reach that degree.
- Write an essay explaining why you deserve or need a scholarship.
Start a conversation with your parent/guardian about going to college, next steps after graduation, expectations. This should get you started with planning for your near future!