Cecilia Phillips, CounselorG.W. Carver High School3900 24th Street NorthBirmingham, AL 35207Main Office: (205)231-3900Desk: (205)231-3497Remote Contact: (205)558-6449(Calls only, No Text Accepted)Email: email@example.comRemote Office Hours11am -1pm Mon-Thur
If I can't fix it, change it, or do anything about it, I just pray!Important Senior Information2020-21ACT TEST Registration Late ESTIMATEDDates Deadline Registration Score ReleaseOctober 10 Sept. 25 NONE Oct 20--Nov 27October 17 Sept. 25 NONE Oct 27--Dec 4October 24 Sept. 25 NONE Nov 10- Dec 31October 25 Sept. 25 NONE Nov 11- Jan 2December 12 Nov. 6 Nov 7-20 Dec 22 - Feb 5February 6 Jan. 8 Jan 9-15 Feb 16 - Apr 1April 17 Mar. 12 Mar 13-26 Apr 27 - May 7June 12 May 7 May 8-21 Jun 22- Aug 9July 17 Jun 18 Jun 19-25 July 27 - Sept 3
To All 10th Graders Last Names J-R and 12th Grade Students:
GOOGLE CLASSROOM ASSIGNMENTS:
- All work assignments from teachers should be completed and submitted.
- Teachers may have deadlines so read carefully.
- Double check your work before submitting. You want to make the best grade possible!
- Grade Results and Night School will be used for making up failures.
If you need to discuss this please contact me.
College Research Info:
- Pick 5 colleges you may want to attend after completing high school.
- Start a binder with the entry requirements such as: GPA, ACT or SAT, Keep this binder handy!
- Do these colleges offer what you need to get you to your desired career?
- Look at the college website to be sure your major course of study is there.
- If available, look at the syllabus or major program requirements.
- Jot down the tuition, room and board (if you are interested in living on campus).
- Jot down other fees to determine your overall cost for attending the college for at least 4 years.
- Write an essay explaining why you deserve or need a scholarship.
- Start working on your FAFSA !! You can enter all the information and click save.
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT
- Start a conversation with your parent/guardian about going to college.
- Ask the bold question: At what age do you expect me to move out?
- Are you preparing yourself for your near future?