Cecilia Phillips, CounselorG.W. Carver High School3900 24th Street NorthBirmingham, AL 35207Main Office: (205)231-3900Desk: (205)231-3497Remote: (205)558-6449Fax: (205)231-0201Remote Contact: (205)558-6449(Calls only, No Texts Accepted)Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgIf I can't fix it, change it, or do anything about it, I don't worry, I just pray!To All 10th Graders Last Names J-R and 11th Grade Students:
GOOGLE CLASSROOM/SCHOOLOGY ASSIGNMENTS:
- All work assignments from teachers should be completed and submitted.
- Teachers may have deadlines so read carefully.
- Double check your work before submitting. You want to make the best grade possible!
- Grade Results and Night School will be used for making up failures.
- Communicate with your teachers! They are not mind readers! Tell them if there is an issue!
If you need to discuss this please contact me.
College Research Info:
- Pick 5 colleges you may want to attend after completing high school.
- Start a binder with the entry requirements such as: GPA, ACT or SAT, Keep this binder handy!
- Do these colleges offer what you need to get you to your desired career?
- Look at the college website to be sure your major course of study is there.
- If available, look at the syllabus or major program requirements.
- Jot down the tuition, room and board (if you are interested in living on campus).
- Jot down other fees to determine your overall cost for attending the college for at least 4 years.
- Write an essay explaining why you deserve or need a scholarship.
- Start working on your FAFSA !! You can enter all the information and click save.
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT
- Start a conversation with your parent/guardian about going to college
- What your plans are after high school?
- Ask your parents the bold question: At what age do you expect me to move out?
- Ask yourself: Am I preparing myself for my near future?
- Am I doing my best in class on EACH assignment or test?
REMEMBER: YOU ARE PREPARING FOR YOUR FUTURE!