Welcome to First Grade!I am looking forward to teaching your child this school year. This is a very important year in your child's education. These are my expectations for each child in first grade:
- Come to school each day and be on time (7:45)
- Be prepared to listen and learn
- Follow directions
- Make every effort to complete all assignments
- Abide by classroom, school and the Birmingham City School System rules
- Respect themselves, other students and faculty members/staff at Minor
- Have a Positive Attitude
Attendance is extremely important. Please be sure your child is at school on time, each day unless they are sick. When your child is absent, remember to send a written excuse the next day.
All first graders need to READ, READ, READ. I can't stress that enough. The only way to become fluent readers is to practice, so I need you to be sure your child is reading every day at home. This makes such a huge difference in reading ability.
If you need to talk to me please feel free to send me a note or leave me a message in Minor’s school office at 231-6555 or email me at email@example.com.
You are also welcome to come eat lunch with your child. Our lunch is scheduled from 10:50 to 11:20.