Welcome to Seventh and Eighth Grade Science
Instructor: Mr. McAlpine
Science students can look forward to a very active year. Students will be challenged to explore questions, think critically, work together, share ideas, use lab equipment and most importantly "do science".
- Show respect for one another, the teacher, and school property.
- Come to class each day with journal, text and a pen and pencil.
- Follow directions and safety rules in the classroom and laboratory.
- Use your journal to record assignments and keep track of grades.
- Keep your notebook organized.
- Make up work missed for any reason within one week. It is the student’s responsibility to arrange to take tests or turn in work.
- Take pride in your work.
- Show effort to fully participate in class and learn material presented.
- Be available for further study and reassessment opportunities
- Recognize there is a scientific way of thinking to solve problems.
- Understand key concepts and principles of science.
- Become familiar with the natural world and respect its unity and diversity.
- Be aware that science, math, and technology depend on one another and they each have strengths and weaknesses
- Can all problems be solved using science?
- How is all life on Earth alike but different?
- Can patterns in the natural world be used to make predictions?
- What is energy and how can it be used?