Dear Parents & Caregivers,
Who is Rethink Ed?
We would like to share with you tool that you can access during school closures to support your child’s social skills and social emotional learning. The program provides resources to support your own wellness during this difficult time as well as evidenced based resources, strategies and tools for your child to support improving social and emotional wellness as well as to decrease and manage problem behavior. The program is called Rethink Ed and is designed to put evidenced based resources and tools in the hands of educators and those working with children/students.
What will I have access to?
Your parent login will allow you to access the following features:
- Online-Video Training Course for Adults- “Social Emotional Learning, Mental Health and Equity”
- Access to videos, activities and resources for skills that your child is working on
- Access to webinars from experts in Social Emotional Learning, Psychology and Mental Health on a wide range of topics
- Access to a library of 100’s of quality printable resources to use at home to promote learning
- Strategies and suggestions for at-home social emotional learning activities
- Access to videos, lesson instructions and home strategies in English and Spanish
- Access to your child’s online activity center to practice basic academic skills and watch Social skills videos (*note-access will depend on skills and videos assigned by district)
How do I register for my own account?
If you would like a Rethink Ed Account, please follow the steps below:
- Click on the link to be taken to registration. CLICK HERE FOR BIRMINGHAM/RETHINK ED PARENT ACCOUNT REGISTRATION!
- Complete the form in full. Click “register”. (Note: Be patient if the register button is a little slow, its just creating your account in the background!)
- Write down the username and password you created
- Explore the program
How do I navigate the program?
Here are some additional resources to support finding your way around:
- Navigating your new Rethink Ed Account-SEL Video WATCH ME!
- Navigating your new Rethink Ed Account-SEL “How To” Guide READ ME!
I’d like to get more supports…
- Incorporating Mindfulness during Covid-19: WATCH ME! (Pls enter name and email)
- Dealing with the Emotional Stress of the Corona Virus Pandemic: WATCH ME!
- Dealing with Stress and Anxiety During Uncertain Times: WATCH ME!
If you would like additional help or support with your Rethink Ed account, please email email@example.com
Birmingham City Schools and Rethink Ed Teams
We have expanded our parent resources to include a website especially for supports. These include videos, webinars and blog posts in the areas of Social Emotional Learning and Special Education Instruction to support your parents. We have more videos and supports being added to this website on a daily and weekly basis.