Several students and adults will be honored at the April 11 Board of Education meeting at Huffman High School
Earlier this year, the AASB received applications, on behalf of the school board, for the superintendent position. AASB reviewed and vetted the individuals, narrowing the list to five finalists. Once the candidates are announced, the district will have Skype interviews on Wednesday, April 19 in the auditorium of the Central office. Those meetings will be open to the public. Interview times will be released soon.
The April 11 special called board meeting will be followed by a regular, monthly board meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the Huffman High School auditorium. On occasion, the board holds its meetings in the community. Today's regular board meeting will be one such meeting. The school's jazz combo will play at the beginning of the meeting.
Several students and adults will be honored during today's 5:30 p.m. meeting. They include:
- Woodlawn High School track star Jayla Kirkland. Go here for story on her.
- Altamont student Amrita for raising more than $1,000 to buy 60 laptops for students at EPIC Elementary. Go here for her story.
- Sun Valley Boys Basketball Team . Go here for details.
- Bryant-Jordan Student Athlete Scholarship Finalist Taelor Allen, Huffman High School student. Go here for her story.
- Miss Black Alabama 2017 and 2013 Ramsay High School graduate Melanie K. Watson. Go here for her story.
- Bus Driver of the Year, Henry Finney. Go here for his story.
- Community School Principal of the Year, Dr. Michael Wilson of Glen Iris Elementary School. Go here for details. During his community acknowledgements, School Board Member Sherman Collins will congratulate the Huffman High School cheerleading squad for a recent win during the district cheerleading competition.
Go here to see the agenda.