Monday, March 24, 2020: BCS & Neighboring School Districts Partnering to Provide Meals for Students
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama – (March 23, 2020) – As a reminder, we are continuing our expanded meal services for students at more than 50 locations, including all community centers and all BCS schools except Carver from 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m every day this week. Expanded meals will include sandwiches, fruit, milk and non-perishable items
All BCS Schools (except Carver High School) and the district is also providing expanded meals at the following locations in the area through Friday, March 27, 2020:
- East Pinson Valley: 3000 Jefferson State Pkwy, Birmingham, AL 35215
- Hawkins Park Recreation Center: 8920 Roebuck Blvd, Birmingham, AL 35206
- Willow Wood Park: 5312 Georgia Rd, Birmingham, AL 35212
- Martin Luther King Jr Park Recreation Center: 529 43rd St N, Birmingham, AL 35222
- Inglenook Park: 4016 37th Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35217
- North Birmingham Park Recreation Center: 3501 28th St N, Birmingham, AL 35207
- Fountain Heights Park: 1101 15th Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35204
- Hooper City Park Recreation Center: 3901 4th St W, Birmingham, AL 35207
- Sandusky Park: 305 Pratt Hwy, Birmingham, AL 35214
- Howze-Sanford Park Recreation Center: 320 Ave D, Birmingham, AL 35214
- McAlpine Park: 1115 Avenue F Birmingham, Alabama 35218
- Ensley Park: 2800 Avenue K, Birmingham, AL 35218
- Central Park Recreation Center: 4700 Ter Q, Birmingham, AL 35208
- Roosevelt Park: Bessemer, AL 35020
- Wiggins Park: 3301 Jefferson Ave SW, Birmingham, AL 35221
- Henry Crumpton Recreation Center: 346 Gloria Rd SW, Birmingham, AL 35211
- Harrison Park Recreation Center: 901 17th St SW, Birmingham, AL 35211
- Memorial Park Recreation Center: 524 6th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35205
BCS leaders are grateful for the outreach of those offering to provide meal support for scholars. The district invites any individuals and organizations offering to provide support to email BCS_Eats@bhm.k12.al.us.
As many families are at home with their students during the school closure and State of Emergency in the City of Birmingham, Birmingham City Schools (BCS) encourages families and stakeholders to complete the 2020 Census.
Learn more and complete the 2020 Census now by visiting https://my2020census.gov/ .
Instructional Enrichment Resources
While no assignments or grading are taking place, district leaders ask families for their support in ensuring students remain engaged through both digital resources as well as activities at home. BCS has developed a variety of enrichment options including Curriculum & Instruction Resources, Resources for Families and Enrichment Practice at Home at www.bhamcityschools.org/enrichment.
BCS encourages anyone feeling ill or exhibiting symptoms of the coronavirus to contact a medical professional. BCS asks any student or employee testing positive for the coronavirus to contact BCS Nurse Coordinator Tameka Hines by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Superintendent Dr. Lisa Herring and her senior leadership team, in support of the Birmingham Board of Education, are committed to keeping scholars, families, employees and stakeholders informed related to the coronavirus (COVID-19). Connect with BCS on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and online at www.bhamcityschools.org/coronavirus for updates.