Thursday, March 26, 2020: BCS to Offer Week’s Worth of Meals to Families for March 30th, 2020 - April 3rd, 2020
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama – (March 26, 2020) – BCS is dedicated to keeping our students fed during this extended closure. Our feeding program will pause after this Friday, March 27, 2020. BCS Families can visittheir respectiveschoolor community locations this Friday, March 27, 2020 topickupfive meals to cover the absence of our feeding facilities.
All feeding sites at community centers and BCS schools will be closed from Monday, March 30, 2020 to Friday, April 3, 2020.
- East Pinson Valley: 3000 Jefferson State Pkwy, Birmingham, AL 35215
- Hawkins Park Recreation Center: 8920 Roebuck Blvd, Birmingham, AL 35206
- Willow Wood Park: 5312 Georgia Rd, Birmingham, AL 35212
- Martin Luther King Jr Park Recreation Center: 529 43rd St N, Birmingham, AL 35222
- Inglenook Park: 4016 37th Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35217
- North Birmingham Park Recreation Center: 3501 28th St N, Birmingham, AL 35207
- Fountain Heights Park: 1101 15th Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35204
- Hooper City Park Recreation Center: 3901 4th St W, Birmingham, AL 35207
- Sandusky Park: 305 Pratt Hwy, Birmingham, AL 35214
- Howze-Sanford Park Recreation Center: 320 Ave D, Birmingham, AL 35214
- McAlpine Park: 1115 Avenue F Birmingham, Alabama 35218
- Ensley Park: 2800 Avenue K, Birmingham, AL 35218
- Central Park Recreation Center: 4700 Ter Q, Birmingham, AL 35208
- Roosevelt Park: Bessemer, AL 35020
- Wiggins Park: 3301 Jefferson Ave SW, Birmingham, AL 35221
- Henry Crumpton Recreation Center: 346 Gloria Rd SW, Birmingham, AL 35211
- Harrison Park Recreation Center: 901 17th St SW, Birmingham, AL 35211
- Memorial Park Recreation Center: 524 6th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35205
Instructional Enrichment Resources
While no assignments or grading are taking place, district leaders ask families for their support in ensuring students remain engaged through both digital resources as well as activities at home. BCS has developed a variety of enrichment options including Curriculum & Instruction Resources, Resources for Families and Enrichment Practice at Home at www.bhamcityschools.org/enrichment.
BCS encourages anyone feeling ill or exhibiting symptoms of the coronavirus to contact a medical professional. BCS asks any student or employee testing positive for the coronavirus to contact BCS Nurse Coordinator Tameka Hines by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Superintendent Dr. Lisa Herring and her senior leadership team, in support of the Birmingham Board of Education, are committed to keeping scholars, families, employees and stakeholders informed related to the coronavirus (COVID-19). Connect with BCS on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and online at www.bhamcityschools.org/coronavirus for updates.