Birmingham City Schools uses an online application system designed to be an easy and efficient way for you to apply. Please note the following:
- All available positions are listed in TeachInAlabama;
To apply for BCS jobs, new applications must be created in TeachInAlabama
- All Certificated jobs require a valid Alabama Professional Educators Certificate;
- BCS Summer School Promotion Application link click HERE
Applicants interested in vacancies with the Birmingham City School system must complete an online application. If selected for a position, additional information is required including a background check/fingerprint review, proof of citizenship, and valid identification.
First Time Users
Step 2: Click on Create an Account
Step 3: Select a Username and Password. You will use this login information any time you want to apply.
Step 4: Build an application by clicking on the Create Application link. This application can be saved and used to apply to more than one job opening.
Step 5: If you are ready to apply, complete the application with information and materials for the specific job opening. Make sure you have attached your resume, cover letter and any other pertinent documents in the add attachment section before you apply to a specific job.
Step 1: Scroll through the job postings and click on the Job Title to which you want to apply.
Step 2: Click on Apply
Step 3: Login in using your username and password.
Step 4: Complete your application with information and materials for the specific job opening. Make sure you have attached your resume, cover letter and any other relevant documents in the add attachment section.
Online applications are stored on a secure site.
- Make sure your application is complete and all required materials are attached. Once an application is submitted to a job, it cannot be edited.
- When applying to multiple job postings, your main application will carry forward the information and the attachments of prior applications. Remember to delete the previous cover letter/information you attached and replace them with the new appropriate documents.
- It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. Applications may be rejected if incomplete.
Only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted.
The Birmingham Board of Education is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants for vacancies in the Birmingham City School System. It is the policy of this school district that there shall be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment by reason of race, color, national origin, creed, marital status, sex, age, or disabled.
Click on the link below to view & apply for vacant job positions with Birmingham City Schools: